Facebook Launching Libra Cryptocurrency And Calibra New Digital Wallet – Facebook announced details about the upcoming launch of Libra Cryptocurrency and Calibra, a new digital wallet.
What is Libra Cryptocurrency:
The Facebook Official Site post read, “The first product Calibra will introduce is a digital wallet for Libra, a new global currency powered by blockchain technology. The wallet will be available in Messenger, WhatsApp and as a standalone app”
The goal behind Libra is to provide financial services that will let people access and participate in the Libra.
Libra Launch Time:
The expected time to launch Libra for the users in 2020.
What is Calibra:
Calibra, a new digital wallet that you’ll be able to use to save, send and spend Libra.
Calibra will let you send Libra to almost anyone with a smartphone, as easily and instantly as you might send a text message and at low to no cost. And, in time, we hope to offer additional services for people and businesses, like paying bills with the push of a button, buying a cup of coffee with the scan of a code or riding your local public transit without needing to carry cash or a metro pass.
Privacy and Security of Libra and Calibra:
We can find some points about Privacy and Security of Libra and Calibra extended here.
- Calibra will have strong protections in place to keep your money and your information safe.
- It will use all the same verification and anti-fraud processes that banks and credit cards use
- Dedicated live support to help if you lose your phone or your password
- Offer you a refund.
- Calibra will not share account information or financial data with Facebook or any third party without customer consent.
- Calibra will use Facebook data to comply with the law
- Calibra is available, you can sign up here.
Calibra Sign Up:
Calibra is available one can sign up here.
Coming in 2020: Calibra https://t.co/An2RLmMoJk
— Facebook Newsroom (@fbnewsroom) June 18, 2019